The Best Box Mods of 2021 for a Better Vaping Experience
So it’s 2021 and it’s time to list some of the best box mods in the market. But first, we need to know what actually is a box mod vape, how different they are from the other vapes, how they work, and the benefits associated with them.
Typically, a box mod is a powerful type of vaporizer that comes with a bigger battery, bigger size, and lasts longer than ordinary vapes. It’s an ultimate vape for vapers seeking customizability. Additionally, you can interchange various components such as atomizers, batteries, or tanks. Its mode of operation is not different from other vaporizers. The battery supplies power to heat the coil which in turn heats the juice to generate vapor.
Features/Benefits of Box Mods
If there is one obvious benefit of vape pens and over box mods, then it must be their small size – for easy portability. Nevertheless, the majority of vapers are seeking box mods as they come with what the vapers want in a vape: they are shifting from ordinary vapes like e-cigs to box mods. Their popularity is associated with some outstanding features and safety protections that come with these devices as enumerated below:
● Excellent Temperature Control (TC)
It’s indeed one of the most powerful features of box mods. Vaping with temperature control capability allows vapers to tailor their vaping experience. Dry hit and burnt hit are some of the worst experiences that turns vapers off in case they occur during their vaping life. Box mods eliminate the probability of getting dry/burnt hit by enabling them to regulate the wattage.
Anyone who has experience with a vape that lacks this feature can attest; the burnt hit occurs when the vaporizer runs dry. This feature enables vapers to specify the exact temperature (range of temperature) of preference. TC prevents burnt hits by stopping the vaporizer materials from getting beyond some specific temperature. If the vaporizer runs out of the liquid and you unknowingly draw some puff, you will not receive any vapor or dry hit. What a fantastic feature! Besides, TC allows vapers to try out different types of flavors.
● Long Battery Life
Another feature, perhaps benefit that comes with box mods is their long battery life. This is a property that works incredibly especially for ex-smokers as they use mods as an alternative to cure their cigarette craving. Box mod vaporizers offer vapers the confidence of enjoying their favorite liquid and having a good time anytime they want!
● Better Control
Modern box mod features circuit boards and chipsets to control several settings that improve the operations of the device. In the future, programmable box mods will save you the hassle of doing all the manual work and improve your vaping experience.
● Adjustable Power
Come with adjustable wattage capability. Allows vapers to optimize their vaping experience. Vapers have great customization options of the amount of vapor they receive in every hit (cloud size), the intensity of throat hit they prefer, and the taste they prefer from the flavors.
● Tank Customization
Features a detachable atomizer that holds the juice. The ability to detach the atomizer from the whole unit enables for additional customization with the mod: vapers can attach different kinds of atomizers.
● Allows Sub-ohming
This is the newest vaping style in town and is indeed taking the industry by storm. Using a box mod, vapers can easily use sub-ohm atomizers and experience the modern vaping technique: sub-ohming facilitates the formation of huge vapor clouds while delivering intense flavor.
● Elegant Cloud Production
Box mods are characterized by high wattage and powerful performance that results in the production of huge vapor clouds, unlike the conventional vape pens that have low power rating and minimal vapor generation. Modern sub-ohm tanks come with a power rating of up to 300 watts and produce “heavy” vapor clouds capable of filling a room in just two hits. These devices aren’t just for cloud chasing but also for ordinary vaping enthusiasts who like controlling the amount of vapor their devices produce per hit.
● Advanced Monitoring Features
Box mods come with modern chipsets that monitor the resistance, temperature, and power controls of the atomizer.
ALSO READ: Common Myths About Vaping
List of Best Box Mods to Try
Thousands if not millions of vapers across the globe are searching for the best box mods that they can enjoy their juices with. Wotofo brings you some of the seasoned devices in the market like Wotofo Dyadic Squonk Mod, Wotofo Recurve Squonk Mod, Stentorian Ram BF Mod, Wotofo Flux Box Mod, Stentorian Basilisk Box Mod, and Wotofo Serpent 50W Box Mod.
1. Wotofo Dyadic Squonk Mod
It’s a product of the collaboration between Tony B, a Youtuber and Wotofo which features three levels of power – standard, powerful and powerful + – and adopts the industry-leading chip technology with a firing speed of 10-4 seconds.
Wotofo Dyadic Squonk Mod goes as low as 0.05 Ohms to support the pro-level vape coil configuration and comes with a squonk bottle which measures 8.5 milliliters. It’s an incredible squonk mod user-friendly feature. The box cover is built from zinc-alloy giving it an aesthetic external appearance and a smooth finish from rubber coating – offers the outer chassis protection against accidental drop.
The mod is available in five different colors: silver, gunmetal, blue, black, and red. This dual 18650 battery mod gives vapers a longer period of vaping – boosts their confidence – with a power output of up to 200 watts. The vaporizer supports different types of atomizers with resistances that range from 0.05 to 3.0 ohms.
Besides the 8.5 ml squonk bottle, the mod features a spare bottle that is detachable for cleaning and refilling. The Wotofo Dyadic Squonk Mod has a 0.96-inch TFT screen which displays the wattage, resistance, output voltage, and battery status.
- Measurement: 82.4 by 61 by 37.3 millimeters
- Display: Features a 0.96-inch TFT screen
- Outer cover: Zinc-alloy and rubber coating
- Juice bottle capacity (squonk bottle): 8.5 milliliters
- Threading: 510 thread
- 200-watt power output: although the majority of mods offer great performance, some of the features make the device complicated especially for newbie vapers. The Dyadic 200w squonk mod nails it very well. It’s easy to achieve incredible power output using this mod.
- Three power levels/modes: allows vapers to set their level of preference from the three available levels: standard, powerful, and powerful +.
- Dual 18650 battery pack: used to supply power to the coil. The batteries supply up to 200 watts supporting coil resistances of up to 3.0 ohms, serving for a longer period at a steady output.
- Inbuilt safety features: this mod offers several protective features such as protection against low resistance, short-circuiting, ten-second automatic cutoff, overheating, et al. Also, the mod comes with an auto atomizer recognition property.
ALSO READ: Best Squonk Mods
2. Wotofo Recurve Squonk Mod
It’s a product of the collaboration between Wotofo and Mike Vapes. The mod between the RDA vape family and the squonk category of mods. The Recurve Squonk Mod delivers up to 80 watts of power to heat the coil and features a variety of safety protection features. The mod is compatible with different battery varieties such as 18650, 20650, 20700, and 21700 – vapers can easily customize their squonk.
This mod combines the significance of appealing curves as well as ergonomics seamlessly and offers an adorable smooth feel from rubber coating. Its zinc-alloy built chassis gives the mod a sturdy appearance and longer durability. Like other unregulated mods, Recurve Squonk offers several protective features such as protection against low resistance, short-circuiting, reverse battery, ten-second automatic cutoff, overheating, et al.
The pre-installed squonk bottle – top refilling bottle type sitting perfectly assisted by a magnetic cap – can hold up to 8.0 milliliters of juice. The mod features a 510 connector pin (gold-plated).
- Measurement: 60.5 by 27.0 by 90.0 millimeters
- Outer cover: zinc-alloy and rubber coating
- Bottle capacity: 8.0 milliliters
- Maximum charging current: 2.0 Amperes
- Enriched performance with beautiful curves: naturally, curves add on beauty and Recurve proves it right. Besides the fine appearance, these curves enable seamless ergonomics and facilitate grip. The mod is a perfect combination of performance and “cuteness”.
- 80-watt power output: mods are indeed the most powerful types of vapes available: some of the additional features in these devices make their operation a little bit complex, especially for newbies, but the Wotofo Recurves Squonk 80W is an exception. The mod offers power with little complexities. it supplies power to coils with resistances between 0.08 and 3.0 ohms.
- Safety of operation: the inbuilt chipset protects the device and user against short-circuiting, under-voltage damage, overcharging damages, battery reversal, et al. The chipset enables a 10-second automatic cut off to prevent device failure.
- Battery compatibility: Its ability to customize different battery options makes this mod the right choice for vaping. For instance, the device supports the 20700 and 21700 battery times with much ease and comes with sleeves for 18650 and 20650 battery types.
3. Stentorian Ram BF Mod
It’s a stylish wooden/resin style squonk vape that adopts the bottom feeding design. Stentorian RAM BF MOD is a single-battery mod (18650 cell) that features a 7-milliliter squonk bottle to offer a whole day of vaping with minimal refilling if necessary.
The mod features a firing button designed with a safety lock that prevents accidental firing. It has a gold-plated 510 connector to enable good electrical connectivity. The mod is compatible with atomizers measuring 22 mm or 24 mm. The mod is available in different colors: padauk, black, purple, green.
4. Wotofo Flux Box Mod
The mod was co-designed by Rig Mod, an American brand and Wotofo to redefine the meaning of “powerful” in vaping. Flux Box features a foolproof functionality interface and eliminates complex multi-menu functions such as temperature control.
It’s a dual battery powered mod with a maximum power output of 200 watts. Unlike other mods, Flux Box that features buttons for firing comes with a fire bar – on the front – to enable firmer grip and improve the overall aesthetic.
- Measurement: 91.6 by 50.8 by 30.3 millimeters
- Outer cover: zinc-alloy
- Display: features a 1.3-inch OLED screen
- Resistance: ranges from 0.08 to 3.0 Ohms
- Wattage: 5 to 200 watts
- Maximum charging current: 1.5 Amperes
5. Stentorian Basilisk Box Mod
It’s a dual 18650 battery powered mod that delivers up to 200 watts of power. The mod adopts peculiar resin and zinc-alloy stitching and presents an impressive visual pleasure. It adopts the Rebuild mode that meets the needs of newbie vapers and pros.
The mod adopts a three-key interface to offer a simple method of operation. The devices are available in different colors such as red & blue, pink & blue, yellow & green, purple & yellow, and black & red.
- Measurements: 85.0 by 55.0 by 26.0 millimeters
- Output voltage of 4.2 volts
- Power output of up to 200 Watts
- Dual 18650 battery
- 510 thread type
- Resistance ranges from 0.1 to 3.0 ohms
- Chip type: stentorian
ALSO READ: Best RTAs
6. Wotofo Serpent 50W Box Mod
The Wotofo Serpent is a 50-watt box mod that comes with an in-built battery. The battery rating measures 2000mAh and can coils with resistances, not below 0.1 ohms. The outer cover is characterized by a nice matte-ish feel. The mod is ergonomically designed making it comfortable to be held or carried in hands.
The Wotofo Serpent supports different types of modes: wattage, titanium, and temperature control mode among others. The mod comes in a variety of different eye-catching colors such as blue, green, white, gray, red, and black. A firing button is located at the top while two power adjustment buttons are located at the bottom of the mod.
The mod features a screen to display all the information needed like wattage, resistance, battery life, et al., and a 510 connector. The mod is extremely lightweight with smooth finishing and comes with a well-built tank.
- Internal/in-built 2000mAh battery
- Wattage 7 to 50 watts
- Outer cover/chassis: aluminum
- Resistance: ranges from 0.1 to 1.0 ohms
Now that you know the various benefits associated with box mods and some of the best box mods available, it’s easy to make a decision on which mod(s) suits your vaping needs. Now, the better that particular mod meets your needs, the higher the chances of sticking to it.